Hello, beautiful people and welcome back to the blog!
I was nominated by Alexandra Wendt for the Liebster Award Tag! Thank you, Alexandra, for nominating me. Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they wrote for you.
- Nominate 11 people. Give them your set of 11 questions.
– Questions –
1. Name your top three favorite
books series of all time.
Look, I’m sorry but it is literally impossible for me to choose three books, so I’m doing three series instead LOL.
*In no particular order*
1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
2. Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter
3. Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa
Also, Harry Potter, but I feel like that’s just a given
2. What was the last book you read, and how did you like it?
The last book I read was a draft copy of my wonderful CP’s debut novel, Twisted Fate. I’m going to be writing/posting a review closer to the release date once there are actual ARCS in circulation, so stay tuned for that.
I absolutely loved Twisted Fate! It had everything that I love: fey, romance, angst, and relatable characters.
3. What upcoming book release are you most anticipating?
Okay so I have two releasing that I am CRAZY excited for (both of which you should be able to guess if you know me at all LOL)
1. The Color Project by Sierra Abrams
Although I’ve already read an advanced version of this book, I am still SCREAMING in anticipation of this release!
I received an e-ARC copy of this book and you can read my review of it here
2. Zenith by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings
Last year Zenith: Part One was self-published, however, after reaching #1 on the NYT Bestsellers list, it was picked up by Harlequin Teen and scheduled for publication in January! Instead of remaining a serialized novel, Sasha and Lindsay expanded the initial part one novella (?) into a full fledged, massive novel!
I cannot wait to get my hands on this book!
4. Favourite relationship in a book? (Can be romance, friendship, family, etc.)
Oh god, there are so many. Can I do top 5?
1. The Golden Trio (Harry, Hermione & Ron), Harry Potter
2. Bee & Levi, The Color Project
3. Cammie & Zach, Gallagher Girls
4. Rose & Adrian, Vampire Academy
5. Julian & his family/Emma, The Dark Artifices
5. What do you love most about your current WIP? (If you don’t have a current WIP, any previous one.)
I literally love everything about my current WIP. Anara is the best MC I’ve ever created and I love her and all of the other characters that I’ve created in this world. I can’t wait till I can share my details with you.
I think my favourite thing, however, is that Anara is a plus-size warrior! Which is something that we do not have nearly enough of in fantasy!
6. Is there a character you love in a book but think you’d actually not get along with in real life? If so, why? If not, name one character you would like to meet in real life.
Hmm, I definitely don’t think that Rose Hathaway and I would get along. As much as I love her I think our personalities would clash. She is just too bad-ass and confident. I’d probably dislike her on the spot for being so damn beautiful, tbh.
7. What is one lesser-known/under-credited book or series which you love?
Anything by Julie Kagawa! Very few people seem to have discovered her work, which is a complete shame if you ask me! I love all of her books and I wish that she was more popular because she definitely deserves more recognition.
8. What’s the next book to read in your TBR, and why did you pick it?
I’m currently staring at the stack of books I brought with me that have yet to be read and I still don’t know which one I want to read next. I’m torn between The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, ACOWAR by Sarah J Maas, An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir & Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
9. If you could visit any fictional world, which would it be?
Definitely the Harry Potter universe! I’ve been to the studio tour in England and the park in Florida but I wish I could experience the real deal!
10. Favorite mythical creature?
11. How do you feel about movie/T.V. show adaptations of books? (Generally speaking, though feel free to reference examples.)
Always disappointing, except in the case of The Vampire Diaries.
The adaptations of The Mortal Instruments & Vampire Academy don’t exist. Don’t fight me.
– YOUR QUESTIONS –
- Who is your absolute least favourite character from a book/series? Why?
- How many books are currently in your TBR pile? Which book has been on it the longest?
- If you could only read OR only write for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Share a line from your current WIP. ( or a previous WIP if you are not currently working on anything).
- Do you have any auto-buy authors? Who are they?
- What is your favourite read of 2017 thus far?
- If you had to wear clothes inspired by a book cover (i.e. colours, style, time-period, etc) , which would you choose?
- Sum up the last book you read in three words.
- If you could spend a day with one fictional character (either in their world or ours) who would you choose? What would you do?
- Name your top five favourite books/series.
- E-book, paperback or hardcover?
Thanks for tuning in!
If you choose to do this challenge, please tag me! I’d love to read your responses