TITLE: ZENITH (#1 THE ANDROMA SAGA)
AUTHORS: SASHA ALSBERG & LINDSAY CUMMINGS
AGE CLASSIFICATION: YOUNG ADULT
Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her glass starship, Marauder, however, she’s just Andi, their friend, and fearless leader.
But when a routine mission goes awry, the Marauder’s all-girl crew is tested as they find themselves in a treacherous situation and at the mercy of a sadistic bounty hunter from Andi’s past.
Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a ruthless ruler waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time to exact revenge for the destruction of her people. The pieces of her deadly plan are about to fall into place, unleashing a plot that will tear Mirabel in two.
Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their ship or just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, and Mirabel hangs in the balance, the only certainty is that in a galaxy run on lies and illusion, no one can be trusted.
I received a free ARC of this book from the author. My thoughts and opinions are entirely my own and in no way influenced by this.
Y’ALL. ZENITH WAS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG.
I’ve been waiting for Zenith since the serialized-novella was introduced and MAN, Alsberg, and Cummings DID NOT DISAPPOINT.
The Mirabel Galaxy was wonderfully thought out and constructed and added so much richness to the story. All of the characters were well-crafted, three-dimensional and totally BADASS.
DISCLAIMER– This is going to have SPOILERS from this point on!
Okay, let’s talk about allllllll the thingsss…..
- The Marauder– An all-glass starship with all the bells and whistles, including a really handy AI. Need I say more?!
- The Crew– Andi, Lira, Breck & Gilly are an amazing kick-ass group and their dynamic made so many parts of the book incredibly enjoyable.
- Androma Raccella— Also known as Andi & The Bloody Baroness. An extremely complex character. I loved getting to learn more about Andi as the novel progressed. She was so well developed and it was really easy to experience her emotions during specific scenes.
- Dextro– Not going to lie I didn’t love Dex. Okay, that’s not true. I just didn’t love Dex with Andi. I loved his character, and think that he was well developed. I really enjoyed seeing him go through all of his inner-struggles. & I definitely commend him for realizing that he and Andi don’t work anymore.
- Lira– As the book starts gearing up for the ending we get to know more about Lira. Especially after the crew has to stop on her former home planet. Lira is the perfect right-hand to Andi and their dynamic was sooooo good.
- Breck & Gilly — I’m putting these two together because they just have the best relationship! Breck & Gilly are seriously friendship goals, but really they are so much more than that. It’s really easy to see that they both adore each other and definitely veer more towards family (like a sister relationship). All I’m saying is NOTHING better happen to either of them in the next books.
- Gilly’s (Cat?!)– Havoc was such a wonderful small addition. I loved seeing the characters (mainly Gilly & Andi) interacting with him. He definitely helped to show both Gilly & Andi’s soft sides (at least once he won over Andi, that is)
- Alfie— An amazing, funny AI. One of my favourite characters. Sasha & Lindsay are terrible humans. I cried during that scene.
- The World– The Mirabel Galaxy was such a phenomenal world. You can tell that Sasha and Lindsay spent a lot of time creating the various planets and all the things that connect them. I loved learning about the politics and customs of the various planets. The technology, languages, developments, wars, and everything else that played into the world building was so excellent and immersive and I cannot wait to be back in this world in book two!
- The POV’s— I’ll admit when I first started Zenith I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of different POV chapters we get. However, by the end they totally all make sense and you get why Sasha and Lindsay felt it important to include them all. The impact that the plot twist has at the end is, in large part, because we’ve been getting perspectives from so many different people!
- The Prose– There were sooo many lines of dialogue and description that blew me away. I absolutely loved the way Sasha and Lindsay wrote this book and even more, I found it fascinating that you couldn’t really tell that there were two people crafting the story! Their voices melded together perfectly and created a masterpiece.
- Kalee— The story about Kallee just broke my heart. Not going to lie, I was convinced that she was going to come back and that she wasn’t actually dead. A little sad that I was not right. Also, I still don’t believe that the accident was, in fact, an accident.
- All Things NOR– Let me just tell you that the entire plot surrounding Nor was freaking amazing. By the end of the book I was literally at the edge of my seat. She’s an amazingly dark character and I am stoked to learn more about her in book two
- #ZENITH– I literally cheered when I read Zenith in the book for the first time! Now we know what “Zenith” is and damn— it ain’t good! I’m so scared for book two now that “Zenith” has been released! Andi’s whole crew is down, blindly worshipping Nor and I am not prepared for what is coming next!
- Valen– I saved Valen for last because he DESTROYED me! Not gonna lie, I ship Andi & Valen together SO MUCH! I literally SCREAMED when the plot twist came into play and we learned that he was actually Nor’s Brother?!?! Why you gotta play me like that?
- Valen pt.2– Oh, and let’s not forget that he kills his father and SHOOTS ANDI!!!! Seriously, Valen. You are making it harder for me to profess my love for you! Nevertheless, I am sure that he will be redeemed and my ship will sail through the Galaxy for the rest of time.
I freaking LOVED Zenith. I went in expecting a high caliber novel and I was definitely satisfied. The world was so incredibly complex and developed. I loved all of the characters. The romance was wonderful. The friendships were wonderful. The badassery (is that a word?) was amazing. I loved it.
HAVE YOU READ ZENITH YET?
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE BOOK!
WHO DO YOU SHIP ANDI WITH?
FLY TRUE, MARAUDERS.
‘TIL NEXT TIME,